« Home | Next: Men Are Happier Creatures »
| Next: Jesus, George, slow down a little »
| Next: Presidents Bush & Co. R&R in New Orleans »
| Next: Bush Pulls It »
| Next: Daily KOS shows his True Colors »
| Next: Insurance Companies are Screwing New Orleans »
| Next: Extreme Blogging »
| Next: Katrina Exposes Vulnerability in U.S. Security »
| Next: CNN Double-Take »
| Next: A Week in the Life of America »


Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm an APEMAN, I'm an APE, APE MAN

New Chimp Analyses Supports Theory of Evolution?

God help me. The portrait below is beginning to look more realistic every time that I look at it.

According to a Washington Post article today, in a courtroom in Harrisburg, Pa. a federal judge will begin hearing a case that asks whether ID or other alternative explanations deserve to be taught in a biology class.

Coincidentally, last month scientists announced they had determined the exact order of all 3 billion bits of genetic code that go into making a chimpanzee, and the sequence was more than 96 percent identical to the human genome.

Eric Lander, a geneticist at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in Cambridge, Mass. tallied the harmful mutations in the chimp genome, and apparently the number fit perfectly into the range that evolutionary theory had predicted.


Does this prove that Darwin was right? Or was God just practicing on our ape cousins? Which might really prove that God has a sense of humour after all.

Being the nice guy that he is, the FISK proposes a compromise. How's about we say Adam is our great granddaddy, and Lucy is the hairy chick that Adam messed around with behind Eve's back. What do you think?


Won't you sing along with me?

I think I'm sophisticated
'cos I'm living my life a good homo sapiens.
But all around me ev'rybody's multiplying
And they're walking round like flies man:
So I'm no better than the animals
Sitting in the cages in the zoo man
'cos compared to the flowers and the birds
And the trees
I am an APEMAN.
I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilised
'cos strict vegetarian. And with the over population
And inflation and starvation crazy politicans.
I don't feel safe in this world
No more don't want to die in a nuclear war.
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an APEMAN.
I'm an APEMAN
I'm an APE
APE MAN
Oh
I'm an APE MAN.
I'm a king-kong man
I'm a voodoo man
Oh
I'm a APE MAN.
'cos compared to the sun that sits in the sky
Compared to the clouds as they roll by
Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies
I am an APE MAN. La
la
la
la...
In man's evolution he has created
The cities and the motor traffic rumble
But give me half a chance and I'd be taking
Clothes and living in the jungle.
But the only time that I feel at ease
Swinging up and down in a coconut tree.
Oh
what alife of luxury to be like an APE MAN.
I'm an APE MAN
I'm an APE
APE MAN
Oh
I'm an APE MAN.
I'm a king-kong man
I'm a voodoo man
Oh
I'm a Ape MAN.
I look out of the window
but I can't see the sky
'cos air polution is a fogging up my eyes
I want to get out of this city alive
And make like an APE MAN.
Come and love me
be my APE MAN girl
And we'll be so happy in my APE MAN world.
I'm an APE MAN
I'm an APE
APE MAN
Oh
I'm an APE MAN.
I'm a king-kong man
I'm a voodoo man
Oh
I'm a APE MAN.
I'll be your Tarzan
you'll be my Jane
I'll keep you warm and you'll keep me sane
We'll sit in the trees and eat bananas
All day just like an APE MAN.
```
... lyrics by Ray Davies and the Kinks

Click here to listen to this Podcast This inspiring podcast brought to you by the Fisk @ 11:48 AM

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português | Chinese | Korean | Japanese

Technorati Watchlist - Favorites - Explore - Other blog comments
Bookmarks add to del.icio.us add to Furl digg it add to Reddit add to YahooMyWeb add to Fark add to blinklist SlashDot this Add to Simpy Seed this at Newsvine Add to Spurl


6 Comments: 'Reach out and FISK someone'...

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous apeman said...

Heh, now that takes me back. I see ole Ray back on tour again.

 Edit Comment
At 4:21 PM, Blogger alex said...

this is a superbly interesting blog.

 Edit Comment
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous talmus said...

Thinking about all of the hairy women I've known in my life, you may be on to something there.

 Edit Comment
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous goddo said...

This the best damn blog around. You got my vote.

 Edit Comment
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

interesting!

 Edit Comment
At 4:49 AM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

Thanks for reminding me of one of the very best songs I ever hears.

 Edit Comment

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

If you enjoyed this post why not leave a comment, bookmark it or subscribe to our free newsletter?

More @ the daily FISK!...

Even More fun and frivolity...

Home
Men Are Happier Creatures

Jesus, George, slow down a little

Presidents Bush & Co. R&R in New Orleans

Bush Pulls It

Daily KOS shows his True Colors

Insurance Companies are Screwing New Orleans

Extreme Blogging

Katrina Exposes Vulnerability in U.S. Security

CNN Double-Take

A Week in the Life of America

<< Thanks for dropping by! >>